YSC’s Travel Grant program helps decrease the financial burden of travel and increases access to quality education and support at YSC events to all who need it.
Travel Grants are needs-based and distributed based on the requirements below, on a first-come, first-served basis. While YSC works with donors and sponsors to fund all attendees who demonstrate need, once funds are depleted, the application process is closed.
- Please submit your travel grant application before registering for the YSC Wellness Summit. Once you get confirmation that your application was received, you will see additional information on registering.
- With an approved travel grant, you will receive:
- 2 nights in a shared hotel room at the Renaissance Austin Hotel. This is a value of $258 including tax and will be covered on the YSC hotel bill. You must make your own hotel reservation using a personal credit card, but will not be charged.
- Up to $400 in transportation-related expenses (flight, bus, train, parking, ground transportation to/from the hotel, mileage) to be reimbursed after the Summit.
- The application process is open until August 1, 2023 or until funds run out.
- We will notify applicants within 10 business days after submitting their application.
- Travel Grants are meant to supplement your travel costs and may not cover all of your expenses. We strongly encourage you to research travel costs to better understand the additional amounts for which you may be personally responsible.
- Demonstrated financial need based on household income. You may be required to provide additional information.
- Priority is given to young breast cancer survivors and young adults living with metastatic breast cancer, with additional funds available for co-survivors.
- If you receive a travel grant, you may participate in the Wellness Summit cycling track (TDP), restore track, or both. Fundraising minimums still apply.
- You must be in good standing with Young Survival Coalition (YSC) conferences and events. YSC reserves the right to decline a Travel Grant application if applicants provide misinformation or otherwise show misconduct at any YSC event.
The total amount of travel grant reimbursement may not exceed the parameters listed below. As noted, you will also receive a separate registration fee waiver code, which has a value of $150 USD.
Eligible travel grant items may include:
- One registration fee waiver (code will be provided once your application is processed).
- 2 nights in a shared hotel room at the Renaissance Austin Hotel. This is a value of $258 including tax (double room) and will be covered on the YSC hotel bill. You must make your own hotel reservation using a personal credit card, but will not be charged.
- In order to receive the full amount of your travel grant, you are required to share a room with another attendee. YSC will be in touch to ensure you have been matched with a desired roommate, if applicable.
- If you decide to room with a non-travel grant recipient or would like a single room, YSC will pay for 1 night of hotel costs and you will pay for the 2nd night (your share = $246 including tax for a single room or $258 for a double room).
- $400 in transportation-related expenses (flight, bus, train, parking, ground transportation to/from the hotel, mileage) to be reimbursed after the Wellness Summit.
- If traveling by car, we can only reimburse for mileage at the approved Federal rate at your time of travel (current rate is 65.5 cents per mile), tolls and hotel self-parking.
- You may also submit for the cost of travel insurance if it is purchased specifically for your flight to/from the YSC Wellness Summit.
The following items are not covered:
- Gas and rental cars
- Valet parking/private cars
- Airline tickets purchased with frequent flier/rewards miles and any related fees
- Airline seat upgrades
- Food and drinks not provided by the conference
When applying for a travel grant, please take into consideration your financial need and your commitment to attending the YSC Wellness Summit. YSC is dedicated to using these funds to help as many attendees as possible, and cancellations impact our ability to do so.
If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com or call: 516.268.6706. We are here to help!